July 4th Recipes
There’s nothing like laying a blanket across the grass and sitting down with friends and family to watch the fireworks go off on the 4th of July, but before it gets dark make sure to throw the best BBQ anyone has ever been to. Everyone should be proud to be an American and the 4th of July is the best time of the year to show off your pride. Whether you keep things simple with a small intimate family picnic or invite over the entire neighborhood and then some, a 4th of July BBQ is the best way to celebrate.
Uncle Sam Burgers
A great twist on the normal hamburger, these juicy Uncle Sam Burgers are sure to be a hit! This recipe serves 4.
Ingredients: 1 ¼ lbs. ground beef, 3 tbsp. steak sauce, 1 tbsp. spicy mustard, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp. minced onion, 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 tbsp. minced oregano.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with your hands.
- Shape into 4 patties (multiple the ingredients based on how many burgers needed)
- Grill the burgers, turning them once. Should only take about 4 minutes for each side.
- If desired, top off with a slice of American cheese or a U.S. Flag Pick to keep it in the patriotic scheme.
Pulled Pork BBQ
A classic American dish, this pulled pork BBQ recipe will please everyone who has a taste. This recipe serves 6.
Ingredients: 1 cup BBQ sauce, ¾ cup ketchup, 1 ½ cups chopped onion, 1 cup water, 3 cloves garlic minced, ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce, 1 ½ tsp. chili powder, 1 tbsp. hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste and 3 lbs. pork shoulder roast.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the pork in a slow cooker until thoroughly combined.
- Add the pork and make sure to cover completely with sauce
- Set cooker on Low and let cook for 7-8 hours
- When ready, tear apart pork with two forks and serve with extra sauce
Red, Hot and Bleu Wings
These hot wings will set your guests’ taste buds on fire as hot as the fireworks! Makes 36 wings.
Ingredients: 36 chicken wing pieces, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Tabasco sauce, salt, 6 tbsp hot sauce and 6 tbsp unsalted butter.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the wings with vegetable oil and salt
- Place into large plastic shopping bag and add flour. Shake to coat evenly.
- Remove wings from bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on a foil-lined baking pan(s).
- Bake 20 minutes, turning wings over and baking another 20 minutes.
- While baking, mix the rest of the ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer and then turn off.
- When wings are done cooking, transfer to a large mixing bowl with the sauce and mix.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery on the side.
Red, White and Blue Cake
This is a great dessert that all of your guests will love. Serve it when it gets dark out along side some sparklers to get an unforgettable effect. Ingredients: 1 package of yellow cake mix, 8oz of frozen whipped topping, 1 pint rinsed blueberries and 2 pints fresh rinsed strawberries.
- Prepare the yellow cake according to package directions. Bake in 9x13 inch pan and let cool.
- Frost the cake with thawed whipped topping.
- Place blueberries in a square in the top left corner.
- Slice the strawberries and arrange the slices into stripes.
- Chill until serving.
Mini Pie Cupcakes
A fun twist on a regular dessert, these cupcakes will be the hit of your 4th of July celebration so make sure to make more than enough. Ingredients: 1 package yellow cake mix, 2 jars of white/vanilla icing, 1 tsp cocoa and 2 bags of mini M&Ms.
- Prepare the yellow cake according to package directions. Bake in cupcake pans in foil cupcake liners.
- As the cupcakes cool, mix the cocoa into the icing.
- Cover the cupcakes with 1/2 of the icing and then place red and blue M&Ms on top covering the icing.
- Place the rest of the icing into a plastic bag, cut off a very small tip and start decorating the top of the cupcake as you would a pie.