1. Use Blue, White, and Turquoise Paper Lanterns for your Nautical or Under the Sea themed party! Hang our paper lanterns from your ceiling and add some matching crepe streamers for decorations that look like jelly fish! Simply crinkle your own crepe streamers and hang them out the bottoms of the paper lanterns. In this way, the streamers are designed to look like jellyfish tentacles, while the paper lanterns serve as the bodies.
2. Use paper lanterns for a child's bedroom or birthday party. Make these plain decorations into hot air balloon decorations! Use small baskets or you can even hand make tiny cardboard/card stock "baskets" for under the paper lanterns. Attach them with string, ribbon, or any other type of connecting material and then hang the paper lanterns from your ceilings at different heights. Use our Red Paper Lanterns for a classic hot air balloon look, or try our
Rainbow Paper Lanterns for fun-filled, colorful decorations!
3. Use paper lanterns instead of balloons at any party or occasion! This simple way to use paper lanterns really is beneficial because they can be collapsed and reused time after time. Paper lanterns also don't pop or deflate and they are more environmentally friendly because, unlike balloons, they are not made with oil and other fossil fuels. String these paper lanterns across your ceiling and hang them up in various places for decorations that are a more logical choice than balloons.
4. Make bugs and critters for any spring or summertime party, picnic, or event with
Red Paper Lanterns and Yellow Paper Lanterns! Make ladybugs with the red paper lanterns by cutting out circles from black card stock or construction paper and gluing them on various spots on the lantern. Then add some antennae with black pipe cleaners. Put these pipe cleaners in the top of the paper lantern and bend them into little curls that resemble a ladybug's feelers! You can also make a beehive with a yellow paper lantern! Simply glue on some of our Art-Tissue Bees or make your own bumblebees to create a decoration that guests will be abuzz about!
5. Make a sweet sixteen even sweeter or add a candy coated touch to a spring or summer party or birthday party! Use Pink Paper Lanterns and Cerise Paper Lanterns or any other color that you'd like to make giant candy decorations that are great for hanging up and using as centerpieces! Just grab about six layers of tulle that matches your paper lantern and put it through the metal part that secures the lantern. After making sure both sides are even, tie some ribbon around the tulle to look like a wrapper. Pull the ribbon to meet the paper lantern and attach it with a small dollop of glue.