Horse Racing, Derby Decorations & Party Supplies
A horse racing themed party in May is sure to be a winner!Do you love to watch or bet on horse races? Are you looking for a fun new party theme? Take a look at our horse racing derby decorations and party supplies. At Party Cheap have cheap Jockey Helmets, Derby Cutouts and fun derby party favors for your guests. We also have Horse centerpieces for you to decorate you snack or food table with. Invite your friends over for the day wear fancy hats and enjoy the races!
Horse Racing & Derby Party Decorating IdeasIf you have a derby lover in your family or in your circle of friends plan a derby party for them with our derby decorations & party supplies! Whether you have their birthday party with a derby theme or plan a derby party on a big race day we have all the derby party supplies to have an incredible derby theme party! Some decorations and supplies you will not want to be without at your derby party are our top five most popular derby products!
1. Multicolored Pennant Banners are a hot item to hang around your walls or from your porch. They look great indoor or outdoor and give your guests the feel that they are at a derby.
2. Our Plastic Derby Helmets are fun to pass out to guests as favors or a fun prize to win at your derby party. They will keep your guests feeling like they are part of the the derby party.
3. The Derby Photo Prop is also a great item that creates a fast backdrop to your derby party but also is fun for your guests to get pictures in. They can have their photo taken in the photo prop so they will have the lasting memories of the event on camera.
4. The Derby Centerpiece is a great decoration to have on the food table or set up on all your tables. Its got a three colored fountain coming out of a derby picture. It's a bright and fun derby decoration that will be sure to add to the party's decor.
5. Our Derby Beads are very popular as favors. We have gold derby day medallion bead necklaces and also gold horse beads. Both are great to pass out to guests as soon as they arrive at the party!All of these products are fun and are great for creating a horse racing atmosphere. But don't forget to check out all of our other great Derby Day products too!
Did you know?
- All thoroughbred racehorses are required to have a unique numerical tattoo inside their upper lip in order to race, and the tattoo must be registered with the Jockey Club.
- 21,421 thoroughbred foals registered with the United States Jockey Club in 2015 - thus 3yo of this year and eligible to compete in this year’s running, and approximately 20 of them will make the race. That's less than 0.1%!
- The most expensive thoroughbred ever sold at auction - The Green Monkey - sold for $16,000,000.00 as a 2 year old in 2006 and never won a race He only raced 3 times and his career earnings were $10,240 for a third place finish.
- The most expensive trophy in US racing is the Woodlawn Vase, valued at $4,000,000.00
- A mint julep is traditionally made with four ingredients: mint leaf, bourbon, simple syrup, and crushed ice.
- Only 11 horses have won the Triple Crown:
1919 Sir Barton
1930 Gallant Fox
1937 War Admiral
1943 Count Fleet
1977 Seattle Slew