Fiesta Menu Ideas
is most definitely one of the best cultural cuisines out there and in
general it is all very easy to make, or at least buy. Of course you are
more likely to have better and more authentic Mexican the further down
south you travel, but Mexican gems can be found elsewhere. If you have a
favorite Mexican restaurant don’t be afraid to buy a lot of take out
from there and just plate it at your party, or you can make your own.
Here are some necessities to have at your fiesta: guacamole, chips,
salsa, chori queso, tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos, refried beans,
Spanish rice, quesadillas, burritos, churros, sopapilla cheesecake,
margaritas, tequila and Jarritos. You can obviously create your own
menu, these are just suggestions that your guests are sure to love.
of the most delicious Mexican dips, guacamole is always a big hit at
fiestas. This recipe requires 4 ripe avocados, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1
diced garlic clove, ½ cup diced cilantro, ½ cup chopped green onion, ¼
cup chopped tomatoes, ½ tsp cumin and ½ tsp salt. Serves 4-6 and takes
about 20 minutes.
• Cut each avocado in half. Pit and peel the avocado halves into a large mixing bowl.
• Mash up the avocado with a fork.
• Add the remaining ingredients and mix together
• Taste and add more of any ingredient if necessary
Pico de Gallo
Mexican classic, pico de gallo is a traditional Mexican salsa that all
of your guests will find refreshing. What you’ll need: 3 large tomatoes,
1 medium onion, ½ bunch of cilantro, ½ lemon juiced, ½ tsp minced
garlic, 1 tsp salt and 2 jalapenos. Serves 8 and takes 10 minutes
• Dice tomatoes and onion. Chop cilantro and jalapenos.
• Combine ingredients in bowl.
• Add salt, garlic and lemon juice. Mix it all together and serve with chips.
recipe is perfect for a buffet style setting. It’s a creative twist to
the usual taco and is easy to carry around the fiesta. What you’ll need:
1 can refried beans, ½ lb. cooked taco meat, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1
cup salsa, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup sliced jalapeno peppers and 1 bag of
Tostitos “Scoops.” Serves 8-12 and takes 10 minutes to prepare.
• Cook and drain taco meat in a saucer.
• Set out the “Scoops” on a platter.
• Layer ingredients in each chip: beans, meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream and jalapenos.
than using the regular beef and chicken, try shrimp instead. What
you’ll need: 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil, 1 green bell pepper sliced, 1 red
bell pepper sliced, 1 lb. medium shrimp (cooked and deveined), 1 cup
chopped onion, 1 package taco or fajita seasoning, 3 tbsp water and 6
flour tortillas. Serves 6 and takes about 30 minutes to cook.
• Heat 1 tbsp of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add green and red peppers and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until hot and then remove from skillet.
• Pour ½ tbsp of oil into skillet and add shrimp. Cook, stirring often until pink.
• Reduce to low heat and add the peppers and onion back to the skillet. Stir in seasoning and water.
• Serve in warm tortillas.
favorite Mexican treat amongst both adults and children this is sure to
be a favorite. What you’ll need: 2 quarts vegetable oil, 1 cup water, ½
margarine, 1 cup all-purpose flour, ¼ tsp salt, 3 eggs, ¼ cup white
sugar and ¼ tsp ground cinnamon. Serves 24 and takes about 1 hour to
• In a heavy deep skillet or deep-fryer heat oil to 360 degrees F (oil should be about 1 ½ inches deep)
• In medium saucepan heat water and margarine to boil.
• Combine flour and salt and stir into boiling mixture.
• Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball
• Remove from heat and beat in eggs one at a time. Spoon the mixture into a pastry bad fitted with a large star tip.
Squeeze out 4 inch long strips of dough directly into the hot oil; fry
4 strips at once until golden brown. Remove from oil to drain on paper
• Stir together the sugar and cinnamon and roll churros in mixture while still hot
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
a refreshing twist on the normal lime margarita try this strawberry
margarita your guests are sure to love. What you’ll need: 6oz tequila,
2oz triple sec, 8oz frozen sliced strawberries in syrup and 4oz frozen
limeade concentrate. Serves 4, takes 10 minutes to make.
• Fill a blender with ice and crush
• Pour in tequila and triple sec, add the strawberries and limeade. Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
• Serve in margarita glasses with the rims dipped in powdered sugar