How To: Quick and Simple Thanksgiving Door Decorations
It doesn't need to be Christmas to deck out your classroom, get your students excited about Thanksgiving with this adorable door decoration! This decoration isn't reserved for schools either, it's perfect for an office or your front porch!
- Place the red tablecover over the door and secure it to the sides of the door with tape. Don't forget to cut a hole for your door knob.
- Tape the large jointed scarecrow near the bottom of the door in the center.
- Surrounding the scarecrow's feet, tape the printed leaves such that the scarecrow appears to be standing in them.
- Once the scarecrow is set up, cut the letter out of the foil Happy Thanksgiving streamer, then tape each letter near the top of the door.
- Use the metallic autumn leaf garland to outline the edges of the doorway. Secure the garland with tape.
- Once the garland is in place add more printed leaves to the top of the door.
- Scatter the assorted fabric autumn leaves around the door. If desired, you can even hang them from the door frame using fishing wire. This gives a three dimensional effect and even allows the decoration to be seen when your door is in an open position.
- Finally, on each side of the door, tape a Jointed Cornshock.